[nagdu] barking was some advice

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:19:13 UTC 2011

my retired guide alerts barks something terrible.  It started when she was
my guide, but in her retirement, the two years she lived with her raisers
and was left home during the day, the barking became obsessive and highly
annoying.  Basically, she won't stop till I yell at her.  When you live in
apartments, excessive barking is frowned on, and rightly so, really.
Fortunately, my apartment complex allows dogs in general, and there are a
lot of other dogs around us who bark a lot to, but the constant barking in
my place during my work day is annoying.  I don't have a problem
discouraging dogs from barking much.  I didn't mind an alert bark here and
there as I'm single, and my tiny lab has a huge bark.  But now it's just way
too much.  I shriek at her to come and she does and gets kibble so it
distracts her for a bit.  Sigh.