[nagdu] GDB's new methods

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 15 18:19:32 UTC 2011

Hi:

I use treats a lot with Bogart. I think it is great that a poodle is food driven. Well, I'm not sure if he is food driven or not since sometimes I think he takes a treat to be polite. :) It has worked with training him to do new things. When we are out doing things I randomly reward him for different things he does. So When he finds the push button cross walk poll I might give him a treat. Later in the walk I might give him a treat when he   does some smart thing dealing with a road crossing. What I try to do is not have him expecting a treat for everything  he does. He is funny because sometimes he thinks he deserves a treat for something and turns his head back looking for my hand. He may not get a treat then but will certainly get some good lovin.

Gary