[nagdu] GDB's new methods

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 17 22:12:38 UTC 2011

Gary,

Oh, he is so totally poodle! /lol/ Mitzi is the same way with food
rewards. She will graciously accept my token of regard for her
accomplishment. If she believes her accomplishment is not being properly
acknowledged, she will gently remind me to take note and
appreciate. /lol/ What cracks me up is how similar it is to how she uses
her squeaky toy at the dog park as a token with the other dogs... Or her
bone at home. She politics with the token of power... Strangest thing I
ever did see, but that is unquestionably what she does. Those observing
and commenting to me about it come to the same conclusion without
prompting from me. She's using the shadow ball, a very high value item
of trade, to politic. We're not sure what the goal of the politicking
is, but it works, and is sometimes very intricate.  I get the impression
that the treats I give for positive reenforcement are as much tokens as
they are yummy things to take from my hand.

She likes verbal praise, too, but is more interested in hearing about
how clever she is than in whether or not she's a good girl. She will
respond differently to, "you're so clever," than she will to "good dog."
Are we sure these curly creatures are, in fact, canine? /lol/

Tami