[nagdu] additional tasks

Robert Hooper hooper.90 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Sep 29 03:20:44 UTC 2011

Hello:

I thought of something after I got home with Bailey. I decided it would be a good idea to teach him to target my fist. It's a fun obedience/training exercise, and it has its practical applications as well. For example, when I want him to go under a chair in a certain way, rather than grab him and manipulate him like a back pack, I can show him my fist and tell him to "touch". He then moves under the chair to nose my fist, thus positioning himself for me. I sped up the process with a clicker, and think it would be a great way to teach him off-leash recall, something TSE didn't do. I just need to back chain him further. :)
Sincerely,
Robert Hooper
Hooper.90 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
The Ohio State University