[nagdu] Churches

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Thu Apr 5 17:22:51 UTC 2012

Don't call them!!!  Just show up!

When we call people and ask if we can bring our dogs in, I think we open
ourselves to discrimination because we give them the opportunity to do so.
When you just show up, they have to deal with you - right then - and in
front of everyone else and they are going to be less likely to do this or
risk looking bad.  Just pick a church and go!  After all, how many sighted
people call ahead - they look in the papers and show up to church at the
appointed time of the services.  Wheelchair users need to call so they'll
know if they'll be able to get into the building but wwe blind folks don't
have that issue - we walk just like all able-bodied folks.

Lyn and Landon