[nagdu] Guide Dog School Losing Paperwork

Lisa belville missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Thu Apr 19 18:05:48 UTC 2012

Jewell, I don't know what school you're attending, but I can tell you from
past experience that I have had this happen with the GDF more times than I
can count, both as an applicant and as a grad.  As a grad it tends to happen
more with vet reports rather than time sensitive application info, but my
following comments still stand.  I started calling constantly to verify
things and also sending as much as I could via Email to verify to them and
myself that I had sent the information, because it's your words against
theirs in a case like that, so having proof is easier, at least for me.

My advice, if you really want to attend this mystery school is to get used
to documenting this stuff.  Perhaps you could resend the entire collection
of paperwork registered mail signature requested just so someone has to sign
for it.  If they tell you the info wasn't received, that would be a huge red
flag for me and I'd have to find somewhere else.

And no, not being a trouble maker, I'm a GDF grad who sees this happen to
other people and myself and has tried to make changes from the inside with
little success over the years.

And not to pick on you, Jewell, but what school is this?  Many people are
considering the dreaded R word or are interested in a dog and the way a
school handles your confidential information and communication is as
important as the philosophy of training, IMO

Lisa

1st Law of Procrastination: that which can be done will be done . . .
TOMORROW!!
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217 at frontier.com