[nagdu] transportation of heck

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 25 00:48:52 UTC 2012

Hi, Steve,
Yes, all of our buses do have video cameras on them and the tapes can be pulled.
RTD does have an ADA Advisory individual who I did contact while I was at the Administration building and I'm waiting to hear back from her.
I do know of another individual who I meant to call today, but spaced it out, so will have to track himdown tomorrow to also get some ideas.
Despite that he strictly deals with Accessaride Paratransit, it still wouldn't hurt to speak with him though.
I'll probably also write a letter to the general manager of RTD to express my dissatisfaction of the treatment I've received, but also on behalf of others besides myself.
I'll still continue to work my way up the ladder.
The next step I plan on taking if I still can't get anywhere is to immediately go to the Denver Disability Rights Office, Leagal Aid Center and the Colorado Cross Disability Collision.
Although the CCDC is a nonproffit organization, they also do seek advice from the above if needed.
My hopes are that I can do some volunteer training with RTD down at their training division.
I do remember the Colorado Center for the Blind would have staff members and a few students go down on a monthly basis to do training, but I'm wondering if it isn't happening anymore.
as for the video tape part, I'm definitely going to mention that the next time something like this happens, the tape ought to be pulled.
I'll keep you and many other posted on what will happen next.
P.S. Only four more days as of tomorrow until you go to meet your new partner.
I can't wait to read all about the new adventure.
*Smiles*
Bibi