[nagdu] People food

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Wed Dec 5 18:57:17 UTC 2012

Tracy and Julie,

We do it the same way here. We have rules for the dogs about people
food, and we have rules for the people to follow, too. So DD gives the
people treats at random or when he is cooking or when they are being
good under the table, whichever table. But the dogs have to be behaving
and all that. I do the training treats for good behavior. Every now and
then I break the rules for the people and give a bit of popcorn or
whatever. We actually have 2 different tables and will also eat dessert
or lunch or pizza or whatever on the couch. So the dogs have three sets
of manners, depending on where we are eating. So everyone is happy. /smile/

Mitzi has remained good in restaurants, except that now and then the
beak gets going and I have to remind her to keep that nose front and
center! I'm never sure if she is responding to smells or sights of food
or to googly eyes and reaching hands from the table. But the "front and
center" reminder seems to do the trick. She's very good about taking me
to the correct table and going right under, which is nice. /smile/

Tami