[nagdu] flying, changes, and vet visit

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Feb 7 14:12:27 UTC 2012

Echo used to get diarrhea from milk bones.  Dairy in general doesn't agree
with her.  Petco treats are fine for her, though.
If my dog were having the runs, I would stick to plain rice and maybe
chicken, no cottage cheese.

My dogs' favorite treat is a hard-boiled egg.  We just peel it and give
one to each.
They also like all kinds of fruit.  I just take a bite off and hand it to
the dog.  They don't mind people cooties.  The poison website Julie J gave
said not to give the dog fruit pits.  Duh!  Talk about a no-brainer!

I wouldn't give my guys canned veggies, just because they're pretty
high-sodium.

Some people cook for the dog, instead of using commercial dogfood.  It
wouldn't work for me, but there are several books about it on Bookshare,
and even one or two on NLS.
Tracy