[nagdu] guide dog cargo while on the go.

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:29:58 UTC 2012

Hello NAGDU!
I'm back on the list after a chaos induced break.  For those who don't know me I'm Rox and I'm working a 4.5 year old Doberman mix named Laveau.  She is owner trained.

She wears a cape atop her harness and carries her meds, poop bags, my wallet and epipen, and medical information as well as her gental leader.
I usually have her treat pouch and clicker, a folding water dish, and a tennis ball in my backpack.  If we'll be gone for a few days I add enough medication for her and some slippery elm bark powder in case of stomach upset, peroxide in case I need to induce vomiting, and Benadryl in case of allergies. I also carry some neem oil or clay in case of injuries.
I have never had to use this stuff for Laveau herself, but it has come in handy for other people or dogs we meet.  I'm also an herbalist and am probably a lot more OCD about being prepared than most people.

Rox
Sent from my iPhone