[nagdu] guide dog cargo while on the go.

loriandleo loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Fri Feb 24 05:54:03 UTC 2012

Hi Rox,

Welcome back to the list. And it's nice to meet you. I'm new to the list, so
I'm sure you don't know me. So let me take this time to introduce myself to
you.

My name is Lori and I live in Ohio with my Leader Dog Gipp.Gipp  is a 2 year
old yellow lab and he's my second dog from Leader Dogs. He's also my fourth
lab but my 7th dog.

Here's what I carry for my dog. I carry a gentle leader for my dog which he
wears. I also carry a container of bags which you can purchase in the pet
store. Which I keep in my purse but I also carry several news paperbags
either in my pocket, coat or in my purse. You never can have too many pick
up bags.  I also carry two clapsible bowls for food and water in my purse. I
also will carry in my purse a portioned out meal of dog food in a zip lock
baggy  just in case I'm not home at feeding time, so if I'm out at his meal
time I  can feed him.And I will carry a water bottle for my dog in the
Spring and Summer time when were out and about. AI also will carry when
needed a towl so that I can wipe down my dog if he's wet, muggy or dirty.

If I'm going to be staying somewhere overnight, I will pack Gipps metal food
bowl,  a few portioned out bags of dog food depending on how many days I'll
be away, plenty of pick up bags , his grooming tools, a towl to wipe him off
with  if needed,a few dog  treats  in a baggy, a nyla bone for my dog to
chew on and a tie down chain and some paper towls.

i don't carry a first aid kit for my dog or me but it is something to
consider though. Take care.

Lori and theGipper