[nagdu] When is the Connection Too Much?

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Wed Jan 11 01:53:24 UTC 2012

Anything to excess can be a problem, although I don't see why letting a dog have run of its own home (i.e. your home) is a problem. It might be a problem if he is allowed to roam freely in other people's homes, without permission, but that's a whole different issue. I don't know that it's any more a problem with our population than it is with the general pet-owning population, who thinks their dogs are four-footed furry children. I'd wager, in fact, that our population exhibits a lower percentage of such behavior. The thing bout including dog names in professional or semi-professional correspondence, though, is one that bugs me particularly. If we want people to take us seriously, it really is incumbent upon us to act in appropriate manner. Like my high school English teachers hammered into our skulls, "Know your audience." Dog names on guide dog related Email lists are one thing. The same to your boss or potential boss, college professor, landlord, banker, etc., is quite another.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY