[nagdu] Dog Deodorizing and other important things

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 00:29:50 UTC 2012

Hm... I'm thinking that an open box of baking soda on the counter might
help, too. Cheap and efficient!

Also, a spray bottle with a mixture of white vinegar and water
(proportions don't matter, really, as far as I can tell) to spray the
carpet for those things one can track in... White vinegar absorbs odors
out of the air and also acts as an enzyme for those biologicals... So
then when you vacuum, you will be getting the carpet cleaner and less
likely to begin to smell again...

A bowl of white vinegar can also be left on the counter instead of
baking soda to absorb  general odors...

Also, since "John" is a young dog in a new environment and thus under
stress for now, that could explain some extra odor, including his breath.

So, Mark, you could ask your trainer if he has recommendations for
products like dental chews that the dogs are accustomed to. There are so
many out there these days, that You just have to decide on your budget
and requirements... In a young dog, you don't have to worry about tartar
control yet... Anyway, a good chew that cleans the teeth and helps the
dog with stress while adding some mint or something should help a lot.
/smile/

Tami