[nagdu] Guide Dogs as "chick magnets"

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 13:56:30 UTC 2012

I wouldn't call Monty a magnet of any variety.  I don't get very many
petters, but then again Monty is pretty disdainful of people he doesn't
know interrupting him while he's in harness or even out of harness when
he feels like he's on duty.  Monty is a funny creature.  He doesn't
associate the harness with working as much as he does the situation.

I have noticed that the attention we do get is most often from women and
kids.  Rarely I will get questions about him from men, but even mor
rarely requests to pet from men.  I cannot think of a single instance
where a man has done the cooing baby talk bit.

Julie