[nagdu] Soul Searching

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 8 23:18:22 UTC 2012

Hi, Laurel,
Odie isn't fond of canes and like my other two guides, they didn't like them either.
Four years ago during an ACB convention when someone came close with their cane, Odie backed up and from what it felt, he was going to go after the cane directly.
I was able to correct him and get him back into a sit stay.
Truth is even when you tell other people directly, they just don't care or feel like they don't have to listen either.
Don't get me wrong though...
I'm glad I did learn how to use a cane at age six and eventually went to partnering up with a guide dog.
I haven't looked back since then either.
*Smiles*
Bibi