[nagdu] home and more

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 02:41:50 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

We are finally home. Joe and I stayed a few extra days in Dallas to spend
time with family and to get some things done. At this point I think I could
sleep for a week. Well only if I could have nothing going on for the next
few days.

It was awesome to see everyone at the NAGDU meeting, and around the
convention. I enjoyed meeting new members to NAGDU. And for those I didn't
get to meet, sorry about that.

Update on Emma. While at convention, I talked to Lucas Frank about Emma and
the issues we have been having. I sat down with him for almost an hour
discussing her medical issues, her stress, and her behavior. After hearing
me out, he was very concerned. They said that they would send someone out to
evaluate her. But the part that was hard on me, but have been pondering for
a while now, is she will most likely be retired. I think I have known this,
and have even written about it on this list, even introducing myself as
having a semi-retired guide, but sitting down with a trainer and actually
talking about this, was very hard. I cried with Lucas there, he probably
thought I was crazy. And then went back to my room to gather myself. Lucas
was very comforting. So I guess we will see. He said from what I described,
there is an 85 percent chance they will retire her. I am still waiting on my
application from GDF, but the funny thing is that Lucas said that they would
train a dog for balance issues. So now I am torn on which school to go back
to.

I start school in a little over a month, and if I am traveling on Temple
University's campus with a cane, it will be very interesting to say the
least.

It will take me a little bit to catch up on some of the emails from the
list. So please be patient with me, I promise responses from all those
emailed me off list and on list.

Until next time,

Marsha