[nagdu] Soul Searching

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 9 07:51:17 UTC 2012

Oh, Gese.
Now we have people deciding to gossip about something that didn't involve them over Twitter, Huh!
My saying is this.
If someone else's business doesn't involve me or anyone else if they didn't commit the act/crime, then leave it be and stay out of it completely.
All I can say like I've said before that if dog and handler have established that bond and respect for one another, then they will be looked at as a great team.
Same thing ought to be established with those that are frequent cane users.
If that nutro bond or respect isn't there, then how will everyone be able to work together?
That's how or when leadership cam fall apart amongst many of us.
Although some people may not want to have the responsibility of a guide dog, then I can respect their choice and decision, but same goes for many that choose the guide dog lifestyle.
I've always been asked why some people who are blind don't just get a guide dog.
I politely have to explain that the guide dog lifestyle isn't for everyone out there that some people are happy with using a cane.
Again, I have to be the one to evolve my independence and confidence where the dog isn't responsible for all of that.
It's up to me to keep up with establishing the higher up.
I could be wrong, but something tells me that the dog has been around somewhat longer than a cane.
If need be, I'll just have to do my homework to research it through Google, Ask or even other search engines.
I do remember one time when attending the NFBCO state convention, there was a time of where fellow members were allowed to share their experience of how they became blind.
When I did hear Diane McGeorge share her story, she shared how back when she was a little girl and growing up upon attending a state blind school, canes weren't around during her time, so she had to rely on touch and feeling.
That really made me think upon appreciating what we all have today while many others back then didn't experience traveling with a cane, but with a guide dog around the late 1920's and beyond.
Although I am glad for the experience of learning to use a cane, I still feel more comfortable with having a dog next to me, but I must still learn to be respectful of those who would rather stick with using a cane.
Again, just my thoughts and I am stickin' with them.
Bibi