[nagdu] considering joining nagdu

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 00:43:35 UTC 2012

Rebecca,

Very good question. The main big thing we are working on is the guide dog
hotline. It's a hotline for those who are wanting to get on the spot
information about access to call in and to get their states laws. NAGDU is
also working on a consumer bill of rights. And a guide dog school survey. As
well as a few legal access issues around the US.

If you are interested in more locally, a member in PA, was able recently
able to pass a guide dog attack legislation. Plus we need to update our PA
white cane laws. We now have atleast 10 guide dog users around the state.
And hopefully we at some point will be able to hold a conference call. And
further in the future, we will meet at our state convention.

To be a member of NAGDU you will need to pay your dues, you can go to
NAGDU.org. And there is a link to paypal for that. I thinks $5 for the year.

I will also email you off list more about the Pennsylvania aspect of Nagdu.

If anyone else can give further details on this information, please go ahead
and do so. Convention really tired me out, so my brain is not quite working
well right now.

Marsha