[nagdu] canes/was soul searching - Question

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 11 23:16:08 UTC 2012

Hi, Cindy,
another good reason why I use the pencil grip technique a lot if I happen to come across heavy, large crowds in that situation: to avoid accidentally tripping someone or my cane getting a dog inappropriately.
As far as my support cane, it's used differently than the white cane.
I looks like a crutch that stands straight up and down and it has a rubber tip on the bottom.
I press down on it once I've made a step forward.
Odie is tolerant of it and has no problems.
Once he does see that I have to use the support cane, he is causcious and more alert of the surroundings.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie