[nagdu] canes/was soul searching - Question

avapup.7 at gmail.com avapup.7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 23:45:35 UTC 2012

I've always wondered about support white canes. They never seemed to me like they'd do much in the way of giving feedback like a typical white cane, at least when used without a dog.

Do they provide enough warning of obstacles? I've just never been able to picture or figure out how they work. This question is for Bibi or anyone! Thanks!!

Ava and Cocoa, the Labbie who just fell off the bed. She was apparently lying with her back to the edge of my bed at the end, and tried to roll over, and fell off backwards right into her water bowl, flinging water literally ALL over my room, soaking the carpet, and resulting in one very confused - but absolutely fine - Labrador Retriever. That's a first - poor dog!! I think it scared me more than her! Lucky for me she's much calmer than I am! I was picturing injured legs or a hurt back. Whew!

Sent from my iPhone