[nagdu] mounting

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 06:45:02 UTC 2012

Hi, Cindy,
Yes, I believe that you can, but it takes time.
What I did with Odie when he was yunger was if he started to get too mouthy or the mounting continued, I'd stop the playing and tell him, that's it. Play time is over.
I'd wait at least ten/fifteen minutes and then try again.
Yes, it may seem like it will never end, but Odie eventually got the message upon calming down lots.
He actually doesn't tolerate other dogs trying to use him as a horse.
In fact one time, his adoptive cousin Liam tried that a lot and it took Odie to finally bark at him, indicating that he needed to stop ghat unexceptable behavior.
Happily, Odie and his buddy Liam still get along and his friend has learned a lot from the older romodeling cousin.
I also figure that as long as the owner who is the leader of the pack continues helping the dog to understand that they need to behave appropriately, four-legged furry partner will then have that ability to teach other yung dogs out there too.
Here's something like a story I can share.
Five years ago all over Colorado, there was a major outbreak of plague which was found in rodans, especially in squirls and prairie dogs.
Odie despises both of them.
During the outbreak, all dog owners were warned to not let the dogs get close to the squirls nor play with them.
One day while I was hanging outside on the south side of our apartment complex with Odie and some friends, another friend of mine and her female yellow labrador named Sasha, came to join Odie and I.
Our first pair of friends were exhausted and decided to go back indoors.
Odie and Sasha ran around for a few minutes  to burn off some energy.
After a while, Odie stopped to lie down on the cool grass.
Next thing that started happening was some squirls arrived and began to create hadic.
One of them jumped up on to the tree above where Odie was and began purposely knocking leaves off, hitting Odie on his head.
I eventually called Odie over to my side to put a stop to the taunting from the bratty squirl.
Another one dared Sasha to go after it.
Although her mom, Linda kept a close eye on her though, Sasha couldn't resist and began to chase the squirl.
Despite Linda getting on her, Sasha wasn't about to give up the temptation.
When she came back over after being hollered at a third time, Odie jumped up, went over to Sasha, jumped on top of her with pouncing and giving her a good, hard doggy spankon, showing that he was disgusted with her behavior.
By the fourth time, it was a bit too much, so all of us left the large yard and went inside the building.At the time of Odie's scolding toward his girlfriend, I didn't catch exactly what happened, but heard Linda say, "That's right Odie. You go, boy. You tell her to knock it off and behave."
When she explained to me what transfired, I then understood, but in the beginning, I planned on getting after my four-legged furry son too.
I then asked Odie, "Were you telling your girlfriend to behave and listen to her mommy?"
I then put my hands on Odie head and felt the top of his ears move and he opened his mouth to smile.
He also wagged his tail.
Although some things may have seemed tedious, I look back and am glad the mouving and mounting quit happening.
Another thing with Odie is that he had a bad habbit of wanting to jump on me.
Some people may not agree with this, but I had to use my knee to create a block to stop him from doing it.
No, didn't pop him with my knee.
I just raised my leg up enough to where once he saw my knee up toward my chest, partner would immediately sit right down which meant he understood that I wasn't going to tolerate the jumping on me either.
Although some dogs can be broken out of some things, it may not easily be done with others.
*Smiles*
Bibi