[nagdu] Pinch collars

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 08:47:53 UTC 2012

Hi, Vanessa,
Seems that you have another Odie on your hands when it comes to his nose.
*Sheepish evil grins*
Odie lets his nose get the best of him at times and that really drives me nuts!
After a while, I always tease him, telling him that I'll put blue cheese dressing on his nose and have it for a snack.
I will then playfully nibble on his nose and make a "yummyummyummyumm" sound.
He knows that I'm playing with him and he enjoys it.
As for the GL, that was the only way Odie could continue to work, after I found about his trachea being damaged from birth.
Although it healed beautifully,the vet still recommended to stick with the GL and having anylon walk harness on him, underneath his guide dog harness to where I can give effective leash corrections from the D ring of the harness on his back.
Like you've said, some training tools are necessary for some dogs and while other dogs may not need them, it doesn't hurt to have them handy.
*Smiles*
Bibi