[nagdu] Introduction

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 20:12:18 UTC 2012

Hello, everybody!

I am a newly graduated guide dog user from Guide Dogs for the
Blind (Oregon Campus.) I have a beautiful yellow lab named Elvis,
and I will be taking him back to college with me in several
weeks.  I hope that this list will be a good place to discuss
guide dog use, training, and care.

I do have a question, and it may be a silly one.  Does any"one
have suggestions about how to help a dog acclimate to a warmer
climate? Oregon is significantly cooler than where I live in the
summer and I don't want to overstress my dog.  The school gave me
a set amount of water (3 cups) to offer Elvis at each watering.
Is giving more water ever advisable in this situation? Thanks!

Kelby S.  Carlson

Vanderbilt University