[nagdu] Fw: Shoppers with guide dogs being denied accessatgoodwill industries

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 17 19:45:09 UTC 2012

Hi, Marsha,
I will be sending this to the Executive Director of the Colorado Cross Disability Coalision along with another complaint I filed yesterday.
I had to get to the point of contacting CCDC because despite that RTD (Regional Transportation District) has posted signs on the front of their buses as you enter inside to pay your fare at the front door, one of the signs clearly asks parents to please have their strollers folded up bevore boarding on to the bus and that only umbrella strollers are allowed.
Yesterday as I was getting on with Odie and my fold up shopping cart which happened to be full of food, the driver asked people to move back to make room for the three of us.
I get on and a lady had her bulky baby stroller in the aisle on the bus and it was impossible for Odie, the cart and I to be able to get out of the door way.
That same lady had the nerves to start grabbing my hand, when Odie pulled me away from her, indicating he didn't appreciate her just grabbing me without asking first.
Again, the bus driver had to get up and ask people to please make room and the strollers needed to be folded up or at least one moved out of the aisle off to the side.
Odie knew very well that neither the three of us were going to fit and he refused to move any further.
It just seemed like I was not an existing individual in the eyes of the public and my partner was noticable.
*Sigh*
Bibi