[nagdu] Introduction

Vanessa Lowery vlowery at dhr.state.md.us
Thu Jul 19 17:36:12 UTC 2012

yYep, I have done that myself, at least when I first came home with the dog.  If even keeping the leash attached to my belt loop rendered the dog too underfoot, then it made sense to use a tie down until I was confident that the dog could be trusted.  Once trust was established, I have used "go to your place".  Works like a charm--most of the time.

Vanessa Lowery, LGSW
Adult and Community Services Division
Adult Services Screening Unit
410-853-3550
VLowery at dhr.state.md.us

>>> "Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC)" <REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com> 7/19/2012 12:45 PM >>>
Believe it or not, a long-time handler showed me this skill. It probably isn't much, but if you don't know you can wrap the leash around something, being shown how to do it when a tie-down isn't around is a huge deal.
I found this post a bit mean. No, it isn't rocket science, but not much in this world is. I kind of put it up there with somebody pointing out something obvious like "Pack lunch the night before" when you complain that you have a hard time packing lunch for the family in the morning. Not a brilliant solution, but a useful and kind one.