[nagdu] Update on Destiny/Hard decision

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Tue Jul 24 12:07:07 UTC 2012

First, I want to clarify a statement in my earlier post regarding
Destiny's assessment. Although the neurologist said that a brain MRI and
spinal tap were needed, I refused these procedures for three reasons.
First, the cost of these procedures would be very expensive and
difficult to afford on my disability income. Second, the risk
probability of finding anything abnormal was low and if a brain tumor
was found; then there was not much one could do anyways for her. Third,
the use of anesthesia was risk to Destiny which I did not want to put
her through when it did not appear to be life threatening situation.

I know God had a plan for Destiny and me and I can be assured of His
compassion and mercy in whatever decision I make.
Janice