[nagdu] Wild GDB rumor?

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:23:07 UTC 2012

I just graduated from GDB.  We are not trained to walk ahead of
the dog if a path is narrow, but we may slow down depending on
the location.  I will occasionally give my dog leash cues around
an obstacle if he is unsure, but only if I have a good idea of
where I am and what the obstacle is.  I am totally blind and I
would certainly not say GDB's dogs are trained to work with enly
partially blind clients.  (I know for a fact the trainer's use
blindfolds when they are with the dog most of the time.)

Kelby