[nagdu] overhead obstacles

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Sat Jun 16 02:20:22 UTC 2012

I would take a cane with me, and when he starts to go around the object
say things like,
show me what yu are doing.
Then try to walk up to it using the cane.
then praise.
That way they learn that they need to show you what is happening.
When I was training with my last dog, the instructor would start to
have the dog go around the car, even though I didn't know it was a car
he was going around.
This was on the sidewalk.
The sudden rite or left can throw off balance if you are not expecting
what is happening.
so when they go up to the object and stop then I would praise and can
get my feet to go the direction they need to go.
if you don't have a balance problem, then you can move faster.
Just my thoughts.
that is where treating works out well.