[nagdu] overhead obstacles

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Jun 19 01:37:44 UTC 2012

Okay yawl, I walked with Monty up to the school and back today, about 30
minutes one way.  He worked all the overheads absolutely spot on.  He's
stopping perfectly and I'm ducking under.  I think he might be refusing
to take me through the grass around because the ground isn't level and
that causes me problems.  I am a large dork and did not think about that
change in relation to the overhead obstacles.  Yes, my dog is more
intelligent than me.

I also checked out the other place we were having the most difficulty
with some tree branches.  Upon closer inspection it appears that this
section of sidewalk is a serious contender in the jungle category of
landscaping.  There is absolutely no way to walk around the branches to
either the right or left.  I will have to duck a fair bit to go under,
but it is doable.  I think I will plan on taking a different rout  until
the home owner trims the branches or I lose patience and ask them to do
some trimming.

Today's lesson...before you start thinking your dog is confused get all
the facts. *sheepish grins*

Thanks for all the tips.  They really did help me think clearly and
logically through this issue.  Everyone had good ideas, making me think
about different aspects of the problem, but it wasn't until I put them
all together that things clicked together for me.

You guys are awesome!  I however need to be sent to remedial Dog 101!
Julie