[nagdu] could have, would have, should have

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 2 05:47:31 UTC 2012

Hi, Cindy,
I wound up with two dogs that should never have been guides, but important of all was that I learned from both times and made me have the gratitude and appreciation when it came to Odie, especially for the times he's medically saved my husband's life three times in a row, my life and other times when he put himself on the life for me.
At one time around Sinkle De Myo Day in may, 2005, Odie was prepared to make the second split decision by putting himself in front of an elderly lady who attempted a right hand turn off of Florida Avenue on To Colorado Boulevard while Odie and I along with my mobility instructor and other pedestrians were crossing over.
All of us were almost hit, but the tire of the car was two inches on top of Odie to where he was almost killed instantly right on the spot.
It didn't scare me, but my mobility instructor, Jadwiga Brown was horrified of what she had to witness visually.
She told me that it was the first time of teaching O&M that she'd seen a guide dog put his life on the line for his master to have that second chance of life.
I still remember that day and won't forget it ever.
If Odie would have lost his life that very day, yes, it would have emotionally tore me up.
I still would have given him a thank you for allowing me to still live though.
He prooved to me right there and then that he was my partner for life.
He also showed he wasn't going anywhere either.
*Smiles*
Was I stubron to let freedom be returned?
Maybe I was, but truth is that I'll never know and can't judge myself on that one.
Bibi