[nagdu] taxi reusal in Brooklyn, new York

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 17 18:42:23 UTC 2012

Marilyn,
    I would also suggest that this person file a complaint with the NYC
taxicab commission, the NY State Attorney General's Office, and with the
Federal Transit Administration. The reason for filing with the FTA is that
it seems the taxicab company is contracted with the para transit provider
which is under the jurisdiction of the FTA. As a contractor with a Title II
entity, they are subject to the same administrative rules. Likewise, I would
file a formal grievance with the para transit provider. . The only way this
issue will get resolved is for those who discriminate against us are brought
to task. If this person would like our assistance, please pass along my
contact information.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG