[nagdu] taxi reusal in Brooklyn, new York

Mariea Harris mharris1979 at carolina.rr.com
Mon Mar 19 17:19:01 UTC 2012

I too agree with this. I have given the cab info that I had a dog,
thinking I'd be more likely to get someone who is OK with it. When I did
that though, it took twice as long to get a cab to me. I then had a cab
driver tell me I needed to tell them I had a dog after he pulled up to
pick us up and didn't know there was a dog. His excuse was that some
people don't like dogs. I told him I didn't have to tell them I had a
dog and that he had to take us. I also threatened to call the cab
company back. He took us, but not too happily. I did call the cab
company to verify what I needed to do and the manager told me I didn't
have to mention anything about my dog to the dispatcher. Now I refuse to
tell them I have a dog. We got a driver a few weeks back that I could
tell didn't want my dog in his car. It was just his attitude and he
didn't say it out right. Then Valiant grabbed something off the floor
and ate it. I corrected him for it. My boyfriend and the driver weren't
in the car yet. When they did get in, the driver got upset because
Valiant had eaten his candy.I was thinking to myself, why do you have
candy on the floor anyway? Apparently it was in a container of some
sort. Then the driver did something really odd. When we got to our
house, he asked to use our hose. He then proceeded to wash out his van
and mats. He said my dog had made a mess but it wasn't my fault. No idea
what he meant by that when Valiant wasn't even moving. I guess he meant
his shedding. LOL. I really hope we don't get that driver again.

--

Mariea and Valiant