[nagdu] First State Convention

mary wurtzel marywurtzel at att.net
Fri Nov 2 01:28:20 UTC 2012

Hello,
I just attended my first state convention here in Michigan with
Felix.
I don't know what I would have done withou Larry Keeler, Gargo
Downey, who came from New York to help us, and many other guide
dog users.
It has been said that I get where I am going, "eventually."  I
did sort of learn where the relief area was.  Just ask for
help!!!
All of our dogs did great during all of the sessions.
I had to sit at the head table during the banquet.  The steps up
on the riser were narrow.  Felix didn't guide well up those.
Then I broke my shoe coming down them so couldn't walk very well.
I'm sharing this because I want to point out that we still made
it.  Stu!  happens!!! Our fellow Federationists will be there to
help.
  It was particularly hard for me this year  because Fred was in
Florida tending to his mother who had a stroke.  This was the
first state
   convention he missed since 1974.

go!!!! ----- Original Message -----
Users" <nagdu at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:40:23 -0400
>Subject: Re: [nagdu] First State Convention

>Foirst, you gotta take us!  Va is pretty nice compared to MI this
time of
>year!  You'll have a lot of fun at convention! Just make sure you
know where
>your relief area is and help keep it clean and you'll do great!

Convention.  It is
>> my first one so anything I need to know about handling Saunders?
Just
>> wanted
>> some tips from other guide users who have done this kind of
thing.  I
>> wanted
>> to go to state first and start out small before venturing to a
national
>> one.
>> Thanks for input.

>> Jessica Diaz