[nagdu] stress, how much is too much?

Robert Hooper hooper.90 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Tue Nov 13 17:41:52 UTC 2012

The only time Bailey shows discomfort is if he is in pain. A couple weeks ago, I took him to the vet because he was very drooly. An x-ray later, we decided that it was nausea. However, he ate, drank, relieved, and acted normally, showing no signs that he was in any discomfort. The only other time he shows stress is after a correction or rework, and I think I would be the only one capable of picking up on the fact that his anxiety level is a bit higher.
It could be that your dog doesn't show stress; however, it could also be that your dog has a much higher tolerance level for potential stressors and doesn't get as stressed as other dogs. I think that Bailey is in this camp.

Robert Hooper
Hooper.90 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
The Ohio State University, Department of Psychology; Department of Neuroscience
572 Stinchcomb Drive #3
Columbus, Ohio 43202
(740) 856-8195