[nagdu] talking to landlord about guide dogs

Kody Keplinger kodytheduff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 01:02:40 UTC 2012

Hello again,

So as I posted recently, I just got accepted to Fidelco and will be
receiving a guide dog at some point in the future.  I'm SO EXCITED about
this.  I'm sure you can imagine! But I have to deal with a few things first.

So I live in an apartment in NYC.  It's a no-dogs apartment. Now I know
that I'm still allowed to have a service dog, by law, but I also think it's
the mature thing to inform my landlord ahead of time.

I was just wondering - have any of you had to do this in the past? How did
you go about doing it? Did you have any difficulties with your landlords?
I'm just trying to figure out what I should prepare for and how I should go
about letting my landlord know that this will be happening even though I'm
not sure when it'll be happening?

Any thoughts would be very helpful!

Thanks,
Kody