[nagdu] talking to landlord about guide dogs

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Nov 26 14:20:17 UTC 2012

Could someone please provide a link or quoted text or something from the
Fair Housing Act where it states that you don't have to inform the
landlord about having a guide dog?

I've always been under the understanding that you don't have to ask for
permission, but that you do have to let the landlord know of needed
accommodations.  Since this case involves a no dogs apartment building,
the accommodation is a modification of policies so the person can have
equal enjoyment of their dwelling.

I could be wrong though.  I own my own home, so don't have a lot of
experience with the FHA.  I would like to better understand though.  So
if someone knows the relevant portion of the law that addresses this
issue, I would be appreciative.

thank you,
Julie