[nagdu] our morning

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:01:33 UTC 2012

Sean,

Ok, let me say this a different way. As the moderator of this list, I will not allow generalizations of any ethnic or racial backgrounds. I don't care if your green with pink poka dots. I have asked this of you before. Yes you might have enough vision to tell someone's race. Yes you might be able to tell how they talk and thus gather that they are this or that. my point is not to say things like, "that stupid Indian store owner" or "that stupid mexican person" or "that stupid black person". Just as I am sure you would not want anyone to say the same about your ethnic or racial background. And as I said you might have enough vision to see someone and tell their ethnic and racial background, but in turn your using a guide dog, in other words you are visually impaired. I don't have a problem with you explaining your situation. But next time, try saying something to the effect: "the store owner was indian, and he did not understand what I was saying, maybe he didn't understand english very well." You have taken out that the person is stupid. And lastly because the person was of such and such ethnic and racial background, doesn't mean he/she is the only one to not know the laws. Many of other list members have said that american grown person are just as unaware of the laws.

If you would like to discuss this more, please email me off list. I am not picking on you, as I would be saying and doing the same for anyone else on list.

Thank you,
Marsha, Moderator

PS: The misspelling of your name was a mistake on part. There is no reason to get upset with me.

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone
http://adventureswith2feet4paws.blogspot.com