[nagdu] our morning

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Wed Nov 28 15:49:50 UTC 2012

Yah, I have noticed that ignorant folks are found wearing many skins, coming
from many cultures, and from many locals.  Also, smart and tolerant folks
come from the same backgrounds.  I have used Holly as a teaching tool.  My
upstairs neighbors are from Samalia.  They are Muslem and very nice folks.
However, they are naturally afraid of dogs no matter what the breed.
Although I never force the dogs uppon them, I take them out and go about my
business.  They are curious and have now progressed to talking to or briefly
scratching there heads.  I have many more examples but the basic points are
that all folks have different views of dogs and for some, those views are
hard to swallow!  Even though folks know about service dogs whether they
admit it or not, they have to wrestle with there own prejudices.  I will be
forceful about my right to take my dog wherever I go but, I also respect
those who have a hard time with it!  I make sure Holly behaves extra well
and am more carful about what she gets up too.  We have changed some peoples
minds about dog teams.