[nagdu] Restored vision

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Thu Nov 29 19:16:02 UTC 2012

Tracy and Cindy,

I have a friend who recently got her sight back, all the way. She's
still adapting, but doing very well with those conveniences like driving
and reading. The first few months were apparently a nightmare! Sounded
to me at least as traumatic, disruptive and weird as losing my vision
was for me. In fact, it was really interesting to compare notes about
the internal experience because there were so many parallels. Which
makes sense, I guess.

I'm one who would love the reading and driving parts of being sighted
again. Don't know that I would relish the transition back, however. Once
was enough! /smile/ I would probably continue to rely on my guide dog to
some degree or another for quite awhile, and my cane and speech and
braille, because those are now more natural to me.

Tami