[nagdu] Learning new routes with a guide dog.

Mária Orovčíková maria.orovcikova at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 09:30:01 UTC 2012

Hi list,
I am sorry if you read it twice or more, but I sent it to a few guide
dogs related lists.
I hope this is not off-topic, if so, please does anyone know a list
where I should discuss these things?
I am just wondering how you learn new routes with your guides.
1. Do you ask qualified O.M. instructor to show you a new route?
2. Do you have your family, other relatives, and friends to help you
explain a new route?
3. Do you go just by yourself and you ask people in the street?
4. Before you go somewhere you’ve never been before, do you have your
new route described in details, so you know landmarks and other things?
5. Would you say GPS systems are reliable enough so they can navigate
you safely even to the place you’ve never been before? Of course I know
they are not 100% reliable.
I am looking forward to your opinions and suggestions.
Have a great day.
Maria