[nagdu] Learning new routes with a guide dog.

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:28:54 UTC 2012

I explore new areas with my dog all the time. I ask for directions, and off
I go. However, sometimes, the dog gets confused when I get lost.

I let my dog free run off leash when available. However, I only let him do
this when I am in a fenced in area. I live in the city, and there is not
much opportunity for my dog to run off leash. Sometimes, I bring my dog to
Boston common and let him run however, I keep him on a 50 foot leash,
because there are so many people, and traffic, other dogs, and it would not
be safe to let him free run in down town Boston, even though it is in a
park.