[nagdu] Learning new routes with a guide dog.

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:59:01 UTC 2012

We worked on the dog's coming without a leash and when called. I am not sure my first one was so good at it; all since have been excellent. Once when I took a dog (not a guide) to obedience school, one thing they said was that off leash recall, or whatever, is one thing that comes late, so you need to be careful about it. They also encouraged keeping dogs on leash and not letting them run free because they need to be protected from other things that could hurt them. I don't know if there were fewer off leash dog parks then, but in places where the dogs can't get into too much trouble, like in a fenced run or in your fenced park, then running free is a different animal.
Cindy Lou