[nagdu] Training update on Neechee and Lady

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 04:59:37 UTC 2013

I have been training a black lab named Lady for my friend Rachel as well as
Neechee,a black and white husky for my self. Both dogs are doing
exceptionally well.They are working well in harness and we have had several
traffic checks which both dogs have responded properly to.We have done down
town work, mall work and have gone to the neighborhood park to work,as well
as elevators and we are starting night walks.Both dogs ignored the cat that
walked across the street the other day.We are also working on the find
command and the follow command. Lady goes home on weekends with Rachel and
Rachel is working with her.I am very proud of Rachel  as with her working
Lady and helping in her training,the dog is progressing much faster than I
anticipated.This is also helping Rachel.I have trained a lot of service
dogs,but Rachel is the first owner who has taken an active role in even
wanting to help with the training.I also made a special  guide harness for
Lady that has a balance handle as well as the guide handle on it as Rachel
has balance issues. I made a beautiful white harness for Neechee and am now
working on a new harness for Shaman,as he has out grown the harness he is
currently using.He has grown a lot since I first got him.Both dogs have a
lot of work ahead of them but they are both progressing very well.I think
both Rachel and I are enjoying it as much as the dogs seem to be also. Have
a great day,Mardi and Shaman and Neechee,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/