[nagdu] Service Dogs in Psych Wards

Darla Rogers djrogers0628 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 22:30:46 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

                My mother, not long ago, spent some time in a psych ward,
and I simply didn't know my rights nor could I find someone who could tell
me.

                I could not find someone to care for her that day but
offered to leave the wars and take turns visitation our mother with my
sister.  There was a little skepticism, at first, but I put her under my
chair in the day room, and those who did notice her had nothing but good
things to say about her behavior.

                I do know a person who has a guide and has spent a couple of
stints in a psychiatric facility; she is able to care for the dog, and while
I think there were some problems initially, there aren't anymore, and she is
intelligent enough not to keep the dog with her if she can't care for it.

Darla

Darla J. Rogers

djrogers0628 at gmail.com