[nagdu] Equipment was RE: Changing the rules when you get home

Shanna Stichler slstich at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 10:42:41 UTC 2013

Prong collars are great for me. I compare it to using a double bridle or
a more severe bit on a horse. You can get a lot of very precise control
if they're used well, fitted right, etc. I find, and this is just me,
that I can actually feel my dog's head movements better with a prong
than with a gentle leader.

Pinch collars don't freak people out nearly as much as talking about
using electronic training collars. Again, really great tool if used
correctly, but really bad one otherwise. I used one with my Weimaraners
when I did obedience trials with them, so I could better proof certain
exercises, and I remember there used to be a lot of heated debate on
both sides.

Shanna and Diamond, who gets excited to wear her prong collar