[nagdu] petting and interaction.

daniel gutz2020 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 02:17:11 UTC 2013

hey guys, a recent conversation on petting brought this question to my mind.
As a person who is about to get a guide dog I'm worried about not being able
to ever leave my dog alone. I've read posts about how you have to limit the
interaction with other people for the first month or so, so the dog will get
attached to you and learn to follow your commands. But what about after
that? Can I ever leave him/her alone? Like for example If I'm in informal
settings with my friends and I want to step out for a second to do
something, do I need to worry about telling people not to pet him/her at all
(even if there out of harnis)?
I think what I'm really really trying to say is, (and I don't know how to
articulate this any more elegantly) can my guide be a real dog? like, do I
have to worry about her playing with other people too much?
Thanks for (hopefully) clearing this up a bit!

Dan