[nagdu] guide dogs in seminary

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Sat Feb 16 18:30:33 UTC 2013

Eve,

Yup! It's true. You can show up with your guide dog to church and be
booted without a thing to do about it. They can discriminate like the
wind if that's what they want to do!

Every now and then, we do get to hear from someone to whom this has
actually happened. Sigh. It does leave the guide dog user in question
with a heck of a choice. Do they leave the dog behind and worship there
anyway? It's a very individual choice. Some choose to attend sans dog;
others choose to go elsewhere.

Private clubs can also discriminate legally, being exempt from the ADA
and other such inconveniences. Sigh.

Seems like a lot of guide dog users do take their dogs to worship and
are welcomed, so that is the bright side. /smile/ People do the right
thing by choice even if the law doesn't make them.

Tami