[nagdu] Event

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 13:02:29 UTC 2013

Well, a couple of things here. I don't know if anybody knows about double standards. Take, for instance, a parent who shelters their blind child to the max, yet expects that person to be perfect in things, so they have no expectations, yet they have expectations. That happens with the dogs, too. Ignore it. It was rude on the lady's part.

I don't expect my dog to find the stall. I hunt for them myself. Even so, either way, especially in those big ones, mistakes like that can be made. Let it wash off your back like water off a duck's back.

Second, Larry was right about possible distractions. Often we can't know what they are. It's just one of those things. The dog is a willful anlive being not a robot. Mine is willful when it comes to diving under tables at restaurant, so now his will is within a gentle leader, but the stuff you experienced is just not a big deal. People think that dogs are marvelous, yet they really don't expect them to be able to do these things well either. I've been known to have those same kind of expectations.

CL