[nagdu] Event

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Feb 24 13:29:31 UTC 2013

I'm with Cindy.  I think your dog did just fine.   I cannot even begin
to count the times I have reached for a door and tried to open it the
wrong direction.  It happens to sighted people too.  I think they are
just better at smoothing it over so no one notices.

Most of the time Monty points out the correct side of the door, but I
figure if he finds the door I'm pleased.  I can manage from there.  Once
early in working with Belle I went to collect my Kiddo from the movie
theater.  I asked Belle to find the door, which she did.  However I
could not find a handle and couldn't push the door open.  I asked her to
find the door again, thinking she had made a mistake.  she continued to
indicate right where I was looking.  Then I asked her to go forward and
then gave her the find the door cue again.  We moved up a few feet and
she showed me another door.  that one worked just fine.  I went in and
sat down to wait for my son to come out.  as I was sitting there waiting
I noticed that the other people coming and going all entered the same
door I had, but they all exited at about where Belle had stopped the
first time.  I realized that the doors were set up so you could only
enter and exit in one direction.  Belle had shown me a door, it just
happened to be an exit only door.

Julie