[nagdu] people who persist in petting

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Wed Feb 27 20:45:54 UTC 2013

Hey Sean,
I'm just a very out and proud queer who is 62 years old and don't give a
rat's ass how people react to LGBT things!  Hey, I do the same at my blind
center.  Two of the asshole board of directors members had the nerve - and
stupidity - to call me an "it" and otherwise be disrespectful of my being
trans and me insisting on being addressed by my chosen name and pronouns!
The Executive director just sits there like a dumbass.  She's afraid of the
president of the center and her own boyfriend - one of the board members.
So, she just sat there while I was being disrespected.  So, I went to the
City and filed a complaint of violation of the City Ordinance that prohibits
discrimination against a bunch of protected groups - gay and transgenders as
well.  Our center is located in a City-owned building on City-owned land.
The issue is still being addressed by our blind center but the disrespecting
has ceased for now.

Also, we have a booth at our huge City holiday celebration and I make
crocheted scarves for the sale.  I make LGBT RAINBOW scarves that look like
the Rainbow Flag!  They all sell out and I've made these for the last three
years. Hahaha - queer up our center!  There are some closeted LGBT folks
there - some gays and bisexual members. I'm the only one who is out and
proud.  They always thought I was a lesbian for the last 25 years because I
always presented masculine.  I did come oout as trans when I did my legal
name change and started hormones.

Give yourself time to come out at places you're involved in.  I came ouot as
queer in 1977 - I was going on 27 years old.  You're real young if I
remember right.  Take your time, be yourself, and you'll know when and to
whom to come out.

I know of a couple of LGBTs on the NAGDU list and some have joined the Blind
LGBT Pride list.  NFB is too straight for me so I joined the ACB who is open
to us.

Take care and have a great day. I'm enjoying my nice sunny, warm, southern
Califirnia day!

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown